Thursday, December 31, 2009

Books for 2009

Every year since 2006 I have been keeping track of how many and what books I read for the year. I posted last years list here. This year I reread several books and of course enjoyed new ones. Here is my completed book list for 2009:

1. Multiple Blessings - Kate Gosselin

2. Anne of Ingleside - L. M. Montgomery

3. The Longing - Beverly Lewis

4. Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella

5. Adam - Ted Dekker

6. Blink of an Eye - Ted Dekker

7. Hosea's Bride - Dorothy Clark

8. Nineteen Minutes - Jodi Picoult

9. Where Yesterday Lives - Karen Kingsbury

10. When the Soul Mends - Cindy Woodsmall

11. The Secret Life of Bees - Sue Monk Kidd

12. Picture Perfect - Jodi Picoult

13. The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks

14. Vanishing Act - Jodi Picoult

15. Twlight - Stephenie Meyer *

16. New Moon - Stephenie Meyer *

17. The Elevator - Angela Hunt

18. Written on the Wind - Judith Pella

19. Somewhere a Song - Judith Pella

20. Toward the Sunrise - Judith Pella

21. Homeward My Heart - Judith Pella

22. Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer *

23. Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer *

24. Sunday's at Tiffany's - James Patterson

25. sTori Telling - Tori Spelling

26. Change of Heart - Jodi Picoult

27. Learning to Fly - Roxanne Henke

28. The Secret - Beverly Lewis

29. Where the River Ends - Charles Martin

30. Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone - J. K. Rowling *

31. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - J. K. Rowling *

32. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban - J. K. Rowling *

33. The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger

34. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - J. K. Rowling *

35. Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix - J. K. Rowling *

36. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - J. K. Rowling *

37. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows - J. K. Rowling *

38. The Negotiator - Dee Henderson *

39. The Gaudian - Dee Henderson *

40. The Truth Seeker - Dee Henderson *

41. The Protector - Dee Henderson *

42. The Rescuer - Dee Henderson *

43. The Last Song - Nicholas Sparks

44. Handle With Care - Jodi Picoult

45. In the Shadow of the Sun King - Golden Keyes Parsons

46. A Prisoner of Versailles - Golden Keyes Parsons

47. Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn - Donald Spoto

48. The Alpine Path: The Story of My Career - L. M. Montgomery

50. Sinner - Ted Dekker

51. The Anne of Green Gables Treasery - Carolyn Storm Collins & Christina Wyss Eriksson

52. Mommywood - Tori Spelling

53. A Voice in the Wind - Francine Rivers *

54. The Missing - Beverly Lewis

55. Echo in the Darkness - Francine Rivers *


* indicates books I have read before


55 books!! 5 more books then last year.


The book series that stood out to me the most was the Daughters of Fortune Series (Written in the Wind, Somewhere a Song, Toward the Sunrise, Homeward My Heart) by Judith Pella. It was a great series about four sisters during World War II with a lot of it taking place in Russia and the Philippine's.


Other books that were what I would call "interesting" were Sunday's at Tiffany's by James Patterson and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. You definitely need a since of imagination when reading both of those.


I finished out this year with the first two books of the Mark of the Lion Series by Francine Rivers. These have to be some of my favorite books ever. I would definitely recommend this series if you haven't read them yet.


In 2010, I am changing myself by going back and reading "The Classics". I am allowing myself a cheat book for every four classic books I read, that way I won't get too bored with them. I have been considering doing this for some time now and thought I would be fun to go ahead and commit to doing it. I am actually really looking forward to some of the books I have found labeled as "Classics". I am going to keep track of them on the sidebar this year. I also plan on reading though the entire Bible this year...because after all it is the ultimate classic. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

You totally inspire me to read more!