The wait is over! Although the room has actually been done for close to a month now, I had one-to-two last minute touches before I posted. Sorry for the picture overload (20!!) but I wanted to give a full tour for those who haven't seen it in person yet.
View to the left as you walk in the door.
This was made by my dad, and I used it growing up.
Everything on this shelf and the picture above it I used in my childhood or already had. I stole the lamp (whose base my mom used growing up) from my bedroom. It was just too perfect of a fit not to include in the room. It is hard to tell in the picture but the shade has a cute vine/flower pattern on it.
Above Addisyn's bed. I had the cute chalkboard already and hot-glued some ribbon on the back to hang it. The dress on the left was the one I went home from the hospital in. The one on the right was one that Norman's mom gave me from his sisters. The cute flower hooks I found at Hobby-Lobby.
Although I would have loved to have a more vintage looking crib, it was just too practical not to use the one we had with Aiden. I was more pleased then I thought when it was placed in the room. The blanket was one I had with Aiden and my great friend Kristy embroidered her name on it, as well has her initials on the Boppy cover.
A close up of the bedding. I had found this more then a year ago on the Target website and just kept coming back to it. I love the soft colors and the roses. Just so sweet.
It was originally a plain brown shelf that I spray-painted white. The shoes hanging were a pair of my baby shoes. The little "A" block was also. The picture my mom had and wasn't using. Everything else I gathered from around the house.
It is hard to see with the sun shining in the window. But the curtains are a soft pink, balloon shade.
The full bed, which I used from the time I was out of a crib. Although the bedding does not match the crib bedding completely it is in the same Shabby Chic line from Target and I thought it coordinated enough.
The pink tray I made at MOPS a couple of months ago with the intentions of putting it in Addisyn's room. I am glad that it worked so well. I just hot-glued a ribbon on the back to hang it up with. I thought it would be a fun place to put pictures/birth announcement on. The little plates my mom happened to have. They worked perfectly!
I had the frame, and spray-painted it white. And stole the cross from my bedroom thinking it would look good in the frame.
The picture (which was probably one of my original inspirations) was something my mom had and wasn't using. The frame was gold, so I spray-painted it white also.
This dresser was also mine growing up. I also had this in my bedroom, but I always knew if I had a little girl it would be given to her. I thought it would make a great changing station for a baby and grow with her. The knobs are new. And I hung ribbon from the top to hang all of her bows on.
The cute pink, plush rug (that I am dying to take a picture of Addisyn on) that you saw a sneak-peak of.
So there you have it. I love the room! I can't thank my mom enough. She helped tremendously with the painting and purchasing several things for the room! Now for Addisyn to get here!
2 comments:
What beautiful work you did! And I love that so many things have family history. Sorry I missed your shower. I owe you a gift the next time I make it up there. Good luck as you wait on your precious daughter!
What a precious room! I love how you did it all! Too sweet :)
Post a Comment